Valentine's Chocolate Babycakes!
Time: 25 minutes, Servings: 6
- Unsalted butter, 4 tablespoons, and more for greasing
- Bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, 70% cocoa, 12 ounces
- Eggs, 4 large
- Kosher salt
- Superfine sugar, 3/4 cup
- Pure vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Flour, 1/3 cup
- Baking sheet
- Six 6-oz. heatproof glass or ceramic baking dishes
- Small saucepan
- Medium bowl
- Oven mitts
- Place a baking sheet on center rack in oven and heat oven to 400 degrees. Butter insides of six 6-ounce heatproof glass or ceramic baking dishes.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate; set aside to cool slightly. In a medium bowl, beat eggs together with a pinch of salt until frothy; set aside. Using an electric mixer, cream together 4 tablespoons better and the sugar. Gradually add egg mixture, then vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Add chocolate and blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among six baking dishes and arrange them on a baking sheet hot from the oven. Bake until firm and dry on surface, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove dishes from oven and immediately invert cakes onto small plates or shallow bowls. Serve hot. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top with a side of whipped cream and some fresh berries to Dazzle those Babycakes! Enjoy!